Elafos is the room on the ground floor of Elakati Luxury Boutique Hotel designed to offer comfort to those with disabilities.
The room was given the name Elafos as the deer is a symbol of the island of Rhodes. Rhodes in ancient times was also called “Elafousa” due to the large population of the unique deer Dama Dama which live on the island. Hence the two deer statues that stand at the Old Mandraki Port.
The room has been designed using aspects of nature to provide peace and tranquility. The beauty of outside was brought into the room keeping it both simple and fresh. Elafos is a disability friendly room designed to make the guests stay as easy as possible offering:
- wider entry and bathroom doorways
- mid-height light switches and power outlets
- lever type door handles
- bedside tables within easy reach
- maneuvering space on each side of the bed
- roll in shower
- wall mounted shower seat
- grab bars in bathroom
- raised toilet
- lower hanging space in closet
- The room includes a private open platform lift in the entrance designed to serve multiple purposes such as to ease commute for people with disabilities while at the same time eases luggage transfer with safety to the room.